Have you or someone you love experienced depression or bouts of chronic unhappiness?
At least fifty 50% of those who experience a depressive episode have a recurrent episode later in life, After a second or third episode, the risk of recurrence rises to more than 80%. In the MBCT program, you will learn skills to help you recognize and transform self-destructive habits and behaviors and put an end to this cycle.
This program helped bring some balance into my life. Each week, I looked forward to attending, to see what would come up, and in the end it’s helped me in more ways than I expected.” J.S.
The MBCT program is an experiential program that combines the ideas of cognitive therapy with meditative practices. The main 'work' of the program is done at home between classes, using CDs with guided meditations that support participants’ developing practice outside of class.
· Become familiar with the workings of your mind.
· Notice the times when you are at risk of getting caught in old habits of mind that re-activate downward mood spirals.
· Notice small beauties and pleasures in the world around you instead of living in your head.
· Be kind to yourself instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving yourself to meet impossible goals.
· Accept yourself as you are, rather than judging yourself all the time.